Friday, May 15, 2015

Catching Up

We didn't have any assignments for today, so we spent most of the day trying to catch up on our own apartment.  My task is to attempt to organize our financial records.  Unfortunately, the world has not stopped while we have been here, so I have to try to keep up with organizing our financial affairs.  This includes tracking all of our daily expenses.  For income tax purposes, we can include our missionary expenses as charitable contributions.

I have been trying to use a charge card for as many of our expenses as I can.  I have saved all of the individual receipts.  So my next task has been to organize them and then create an electronic record of them.  The idea being that I can just have the computer give me a list of the expenses when I am preparing my taxes next year.  It is a good theory, but it will require me to enter all of the information into the computer.  I figure it will be easier to enter the data occasionally rather than wait and do it all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment