Saturday, June 13, 2015

Somewhat Productive Day

We were able to complete some tasks that needed doing today, but it wasn't a very exciting day.  I took my car to have the oil changing; it was way overdue.  I am now using high mileage, synthetic oil because I am likely go longer between oil changes than I should.

We also watched a recorded webinar on a new Church program, Just Serve.  President Cusick has asked that we coordinate this for the missionaries.  The concept is that the various stakes will maintain an online directory of service opportunities in their community.  Stake members can look at the listings and determine which service opportunity would be best for them and their family.  Similarly, missionaries with some "slow" time will be able to find service opportunities within the community.  The concept has been piloted in several stakes in North America and is now slowly being rolled out to all of the stakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment