Friday, July 17, 2015

Leisurely Travel Day

We drove the big van back to the Mission Office today and swapped it for our car.  I much prefer driving our car, or any car, rather than the van.  The last several days have been windy and stormy.  As a higher profile vehicle, the wind gusts push the van around more than my lower profile car.  We were happy to return the van.

On our return trip, since we were not in a hurry, we stopped at an outlet mall that is just off the interstate.  I was looking for another pair of jogging shoes.  I have been able to jog enough that I am wearing out my shoes.  I suppose that is a good thing.

While at the outlet mall, I stopped at a store to say hello to a young man from the Sarasota YSA Branch who I have become acquainted with.  He had good news; his mission call to Albuquerque NM - Spanish speaking.  He grew up in a Spanish-speaking family, so the language will not be a problem for him.  He will be a good missionary, as will several other young men from the Sarasota Stake who have received calls this summer.  Hopefully they will return and strengthen the ward here some day.

Renee's comments:  After returning from our temple excursion yesterday, we received an email in the evening from Elder Barnett, one of our departing missionaries who lives in our apartment complex (see picture on previous post).  We loved this Elder before and are even more attached to him now!  It is things like this that make it all worthwhile!

"Thank you. I really mean it when I say that you have helped me and saved me. I will always cherish our friendship. From blessings to text messages to buying us food you have always been looking out for me and
I am ever grateful for it. You two are truly very sweet and kind and a great example of Christlike love, service and faithfulness. I wish I could express more in writing, but just know I really do appreciate you and admire you. I think of you as my mission parents.

Love,
Elder Barnett"

No comments:

Post a Comment