Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Unexpected Assignment

We thought that we would be having an uneventful day.  I was busy working on some projects when President Cusick called.  He wanted me to meet with a missionary who is struggling a bit.  The missionary is in the Sarasota Zone, so he asked me to meet with him before he drove down.  I called and arranged to meet with him.  He is struggling with some depression and homesickness, which he hadn't expected.  He said that his mission has pushed him out of his comfort zone and is harder work than he had anticipated.  I reminded him of the saying, "There is no growth in the comfort zone, and no comfort in the growth zone."  I also told him about one of my father's favorite statements, "The Lord doesn't give us challenges to make us bitter, rather to make us better." I don't know if my meeting with him helped.  I think he understands the challenges he is facing.

After meeting with him, I happened upon President Clover of the Sarasota Stake.  We had a nice visit, and he shared some of the challenges he faces in the stake.  Nothing that more leadership wouldn't resolve :-)  I also discovered that we are the same age.

No comments:

Post a Comment