Sunday, July 5, 2015

Visit to Venice Ward

We continued our rotation through the units in the Sarasota Stake and visited the Venice Ward.  Because most of the travel to the ward building is on I-75, we can get there faster than anywhere else in the stake.  This ward has many retired people but not many youth or primary children.

In the Ward Council, I was asked if I would like to say anything.  Of course I had something to say!  I rehearsed to them the essence of the training from Tuesday which had to do with the responsibilities of the Ward Council for member missionary work (prepare people to be taught, invite the missionaries to teach in their homes, fellowship investigators, and prepare themselves and their children to serve as missionaries).  I said that the missionaries or preferably the Ward Mission Leader would be reminding them of these responsibilities each week.  On our next visit in a couple of months, they might not invite me to speak :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment