Monday, July 6, 2015

P-Day at Lido Beach

Although Renee doesn't really enjoy going to the beach, (Renee speaking here - I LOVE the beach, just don't like what the sun does to my "aging" skin), I convinced her that a couple of hours in the sun wouldn't hurt.  It took us 22 minutes to drive from our apartment to Lido Beach.  We arrived at 10:15 am to try to avoid the worst sun rays and left just before noon.  Nevertheless, we both have a few pink spots.

My new thing at the beach is to look for shells.  I enjoy walking along the beach anyway, so now I have an excuse.  All of the beaches that we have visited have an abundance of shells, mostly small but a few larger ones.  I look for larger shells or smaller ones with interesting color.  Renee found our best shell so far.  I don't know what we will do with our shells, but we are building a good sized collection.


Renee's shell

Following our all to brief time at the beach, we returned and did our normal weekly preparation -- laundry, vacuuming, and so forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment