Friday, September 25, 2015

Selby Botanical Gardens

We decided to visit the Selby Botanical Gardens which are in downtown Sarasota.  The gardens are located on the grounds of two old estates.  Renee and I had talked about visiting them, and we all found the visit quite interesting.  One of the specializations of the botanical gardens is orchids.  They have some fabulous orchids.  I was going crazy with my camera.  While at the gardens, a woman who works there stopped me and asked if I was wearing an "LDS badge" - Renee and I were wearing our nametags.  She lives in the Venice Ward and is the Sarasota Stake Primary President.

Later in the afternoon, we drove to Myakka River State Park.  Renee and I have visited there previously.  It has been closed for a month or so due to flooding.  They just reopened the main road.  It was actually interesting with the woods flooded on both sides of the road.  And, we were able to see an alligator!


Sarasota Bay

Selby Gardens


Kim and Annette Wilson









No comments:

Post a Comment