Sunday, April 17, 2016

Mostly Normal Sunday

We attended the University Park Ward today.  The only thing that made it different from a usual Sunday is that we spoke in Sacrament Meeting.  I was visiting with Bp. Leedom a few weeks ago and mentioned my experiences with some of the Church members during the Communist East German regime.  He thought that would be good for the ward members to hear, so he asked us to speak.  Renee spoke on baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost.  I spoke on my interpretation of "enduring to the end" which is to be anxiously engaged in good works.

The story that Bp. Leedom wanted me to tell was the brother who decided not to escape to West German because he was concerned about what would happen to the branch of the Church if he left.

No comments:

Post a Comment