Friday, February 13, 2015

My Haircut

Today was my day for a haircut.  I had a different selection criteria.  I had noticed a hair salon for men in a strip mall by our neighborhood WalMart.  They took walk-ins and the price was right ($14), so I had them cut my hair.  I think the result was fine, but Renee thinks it is too short.  However, she always says that after my haircuts.  She tells me that I am not on the BYU faculty any more, but I reminded her that I need to be an example to the full-time missionaries.

The man who cut my hair is Palestinian and is Muslim.  He has family members who are Christian.  His father was a university professor.  His family has lived in several countries, obviously including the U.S.  We had an interesting conversation.  And since his shop is close, I will go back.

Even though today was Friday the 13th, I suggested that we have our Valentine's Day dinner.  Tomorrow, we will be involved with rehearsing for our choir event, and I am not sure what our day will be like.  So we skipped lunch and went to an early dinner at the Cheesecake Factory in the nearby mall.  Even though it was 4 pm, we had to wait 15 minutes for a table.  The meal was fine, but we had a difficult deciding which cheesecake to order from their 20 alternatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment