Monday, March 9, 2015

P(lay ball) Day

Taking advantage of our P-Day and only living 4 miles from the Baltimore Orioles spring training center (Ed Smith Stadium), we attended a spring training game today.  The Orioles lost to the Philadelphia Phillies 1-0 in a rather long and lackluster game.  But I have always wanted to go to a spring training game.  It was a bright, sunny day.  Fortunately, we were in the shade after about the 3rd inning.  Renee was a trooper sitting in the 80 degree weather without complaining.  Over 7,600 attended the game -- a sell out.  In looking at the ticket website, most of the tickets for the spring games are already sold.  I don't know if we will try another game.  We could go to Bradenton where the Pittsburgh Pirates train.

This was our view at the game.



Following the game, I went to Jos. A. Bank to look for a suit.  I am wearing suits more often than I had expected.  The two suits I brought with me are at least 10 years old, so it is probably time to add a new suit to the rotation.  But I didn't find anything I really liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment