The Visitor Center and headquarters are located in the Valentine House. This is a farmhouse constructed in the 1890s. It was moved from Palmetto. To get it to the Preserve, they had to move it to the bay, then float it across the Manatee River to Bradenton.
In the evening, we went to Bp. Leedom's home for the ward empty nesters' group. We had a pot luck dinner, and Bp. Leedom taught a good lesson on faith.
|A White Ibis|
|A Great Blue Heron, actually a small one|
|The Valentine House, an 1890's farm house|